Wednesday, March 31, 2010


Last night I started working on the Lexan windows. It's a bit more work than I expected mostly because I only have a pair of metal shears to cut the stuff. Luckily, it's only 1/16" thick so it's not too bad. I used a cardboard template of the glass window to start my cutting. I added about 1/4" to the outside of the template for some wiggle room, but found I didn't need it in the end. It was extra cutting, but adding material is always the hard part when you cut something too short haha. The fitment is ok, nothing spectacular, but I think it will look ok when I put the trim back in and seal it down. I fastened it with some self tapping, hex head screws which I popped right into the metal window frame in the body. 1 down - 4 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment