Sunday, February 7, 2010

Knuckles and Final Bushing

I finished turning up the aluminum bushings and steel sleeves to go into the T-Brace. They seem to fit perfectly, but the T-Brace looks a little bent now that I have perfectly measured/straight mounts, haha. Hopefully it's not too tweaked and I can mount it later. The only way to fix it will be to just cut the welds and re-weld it strait which wont be a huge problem. Annoying, yes, but fairly easy.

So now that the sub frame and T-Brace are finished I moved to the knuckles. The sandblasting never worked out, so I just defaulted to the old school wire brush and painted them up. High Temp Black should do the job just fine.
I also pressed in the new bearings - although not heat treated like I wanted, they should do the trick for a few track sessions until I can source bearings with steel cages to treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment